Moments from mourning.

verbs and nouns.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

ITS COMING HARD.

*Snow patrol;Set the fire to the 3rd bar.

I stopped talking when I was six years old.
I didn't want anything more to do with the
outside world.
I was happy being quiet.
But of course they wouldn't leave me alone.
My parents tried every trick in the book.
From speech therapists,to child psychologists.
They even tried bribery.
I could have anything, as long as I said it out loud.

Life is unfair,kill yourself or get over it.

Of course this episode didn't last forever.
I'd made my point and it was time to move on.
To peel away the next layer of deceit.
And see what new surprises lay in store.
My school report said I showed no interest.
'A disruptive influence'
I felt sorry for them in a way.
And when they finally expelled me,
It didn't mean a thing

Life is unfair,kill yourself or get over it.

The November when I came home,
the Christmas decorations were already up.
Spray on snow,coloured flashing lights.
And an artificial tree that played Silent Night.
Over and over again.
My parents welcomed me with loving arms.
But within an hour,we were back at each
others throats.
Normal, happy childhood back on course,
Batteries not included.

Life is unfair,kill yourself or get over it.